When operating a business a lot of energy is required, but it is the choice of the company to make sure that the methods involving energy consumption is as sustainable and environmentally friendly as possible. When we built YOTEL New York we made sure that we implemented energy means that would reduce our carbon footprint to an absolute minimum, these actions later led to the achievement of the LEED Gold certificate.
- In all our cabins we have installed water flow monitoring systems.
- We also keep our energy consumption as low as possible by using LED lighting both externally and internally.
- Only towels that are left on the floor by guests get changed for fresh ones.
- During a stay we do a full change of linen every 3 days, unless otherwise requested.
In New York
- Occupancy sensors automatically turn on/off the heating/lighting and cooling systems when the cabins are empty.