YOTEL always try to follow the waste hierarchy of Reduce, Reuse, Recycle; disposal – as a last resort. Our aim is to avoid high carbon materials, use recyclable or renewable materials and find new and innovative solutions to minimize our total use of resources.
- We favour suppliers that are producing products that are made from recycled material and low in environmentally damaging materials.
- At all YOTEL properties and at HQ we make sure to recycle all materials that are decomposable or can be used again.
- We return all printing cartridges and electronic devices to suppliers for recycling.
- The pens in our cabins are made from recycled paper.
- We operate with a minimal paper usage policy and reuse printing paper when appropriate.
Our cabin guides are a single piece of collateral not huge folders that you usually find in hotel rooms and they double up as maps for practical use. This item is our single biggest print item and the company that print them for us say:
- Solar power installation powering the printing works with carbon neutral energy.
- Biological inks: 100% vegetable inks.
- Reduced H2O consumption: 80% less than traditional production.
- Reduced IPA (isopropyl alcohol) use to less than 2.5%.
- Use of recycled, FSC and PEFC paper.